How To Start Affiliate Marketing
How To Start Affiliate Marketing, a process that allows you to earn a commission by selling products or services on behalf of other companies or vendors. Therefore it’s a superb way to supplement or even replace your income from the convenience of your own home. Nowadays it’s even possible to become an affiliate for companies that are household names.
How To Start Affiliate marketing – a quick breakdown of what you need to do:
- Choose your niche.
- Research different affiliate programs and products.
- Build a website.
- Join one or more of these affiliate programs.
- Produce and publish excellent content on that site.
- Grow your audience.
- Promote your affiliate product or program.
- Keep repeating steps 4–7! Or 1-7, No reason you should only have one project on the go!
Choose Your Niche.
Your niche can be literally anything at all, but to make serious affiliate commissions you will need to find out if your niche is going to be profitable if you want to make money online.
First Check Google Search Volume For Your Niche Idea
A good place to start is to find out exactly how many people are searching for your chosen niche…this will be your keyword…As one of the largest search engines a lot of your traffic is going to come from them.
When you search for your niche on Google, you for want to look ads displaying at the top and side of the search results. This is a good indication that there is money to be made as other people are paying for their ads to be displayed.
Check Forums & Message Boards, look for large forums with people actively and passionately discussing your niche…passionate people nearly always spend money!
To find forums you can search Google for terms like “niche + forum” or “niche + message board” I also find it useful to check FindAForum.net.
Research affiliate programs.
Find an affiliate program that offers products or services in your niche.
Good places to start are…
- Amazon. As you can find almost everything for sale on Amazon, there’s a good chance you’ll find products in your niche. It’s a great place to begin if you want to start affiliate marketing.
- CJ.com. If you want to become an affiliate for brands that you have already heard about, CJ.com is the place to go!
- Clickbank. Many affiliate marketers like to use Clickbank as the commissions on offer are very enticing. As much as %75 of the purchase price. In addition you might also find Clickbanks’ own training on how to start affiliate marketing useful. As they also benefit from every sale made through their website it’s in their best interests that you succeed with affiliate marketing.
Build a Website.
- There are many ways to build a website for free such as with blogger.com. If your comfortable using WordPress or html you could build your own. Or you could hire someone to do it for you. Many affiliate products can be sold with a single page website if the content is enticing enough.
Join an affiliate program.
Affiliate programs are usually free to join.
- Be wary of any company that asks for payment to join their affiliate program. Their money comes from the products or courses that you sell on their behalf so they shouldn’t need anything upfront.
- Be prepared to give your bank or PayPal details as your commissions will be paid into one of these.
- You may also be asked for the URL of your website or webpage as some companies like to check that your site is a good match for their product.
Produce and publish excellent content on that site.
Add affiliate links into your content.
By adding links to your content you can make commissions without trying to. For instance your blog is about keeping exotic fish and your writing about a specific aquarium. You can link that aquarium’s name to an Amazon link of the product. Consequently if your reader clicks the link and purchases that or any other product you get paid your commission.
Grow your audience.
Now you have the basics of how to start affiliate marketing , you need to grow your audience. We all need people coming back to our websites. By continually producing fresh, valuable content you will ensure a steady stream of repeat visitors to your site. The more times people see your content the more chance they click through your affiliate links to buy something. You get to earn you those valuable commissions.
If you have any questions feel free to drop me a comment below.